Skinny Plant-Based Sonoma Salad
Heyyoooo smoothie lovers!
I’m finishing up one of my favorite smoothies (Cacao & Peppermint) and coming to you now with one of my FAVORITE recipes!
I am so excited to share this recipe because:
- Chicken salad is delicious, but most chicken salads are made with yucky ingredients. Now you can whip up a quick batch of this and feel energized and ready to conquer the rest of your day because you are feeding your body real, quality food.
- This one is plant-based but you are welcome to add chicken if that’s what your heart desires! I’m all about whatever makes your body feel it’s best.
Back in the summer of 2019 I made a BaZiLlIoN detoxifying recipes made with whole-food ingredients only, and this one was one of my absolute tastiest creations. I was a little bit nervous using tahini because it can taste bitter, but I perfected the amounts needed to make it taste absolutely delicious.
So what are the main ingredients?
Chickpeas– Source of protein, folate, fiber, iron; helps improve digestion and weight management
Purple Grapes– High in vitamins C & K
Celery– Alkalizing effect, low glycemic index, supports digestion, reduces inflammation
Walnuts– Super source of Omega-3s, lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, supports weight management
Red Onion– Contain sulfur compounds that can protect the body from ulcers, allergies, and certain diseases.
Apple– Source of potassium (regulates nervous system), antioxidants (brain and heart health), vitamin C, & fiber
Tahini– Source of protein, rich in antioxidants, rich in phosphorous, manganese, and vitamin B6 (bone health + energy)
Apple Cider Vinegar– Improves digestion, lowers blood sugar, improves insulin sensitivity, reduces belly fat, improves heart health
Natural Maple Syrup– Rich in manganese calcium, potassium, iron, zinc
Garlic– Can combat sickness (such as the common cold), high in antioxidants, sulfur compounds in garlic have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity
Basically, this salad can do it all! Full of digestion-supporting fiber, rich in antioxidants to help keep those cells young and thriving, and just about everything else. I love to pair it with our Citrus Beet cold-pressed juice, or a Super Greens & Pineapple smoothie!
Here are the details:
SKINNY SONOMA “CHICKEN” SALAD
This fan-favorite salad will trick you into thinking you are enjoying a classic Sonoma Chicken Salad! You might want to double, or quadruple this recipe since you’ll most likely be wanting more!
For the salad:
1/2 cup Chickpeas, drained
1/4 cup Purple Grapes, sliced in half
2 Celery stalks, diced
1/4 cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Red Onion, chopped
¼ cup Apple, chopped
For the Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing
1 tbsp Tahini
½ tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 tbsp raw Maple Syrup
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of Garlic and Onion Powder
Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Directions for the Tahini Poppy Seed Dressing
- Put all ingredients into a small bowl, and mix to thoroughly combine. The dressing will be on the thicker side. Add as much or as little water as desired.
- Set aside.
Directions for the Salad
1. Add chickpeas, grapes, apples, onion, pecans, and celery to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix dressing in so that it is evenly dispersed.
2. Place the mixed salad in the refrigerator to chill, or enjoy at room temperature.
Options: You can put this salad on top of greens, mix with sprouts and add to a lettuce wrap, or put inside cucumber slices for a low-carb cucumber sandwich.
Serve on a nice piece of organic sprouted toast or a lettuce wrap, and wash it down with one of our best-selling, cold-pressed juices! Be sure to tag @detoxboxdelivered on Instagram & Facebook if you try this recipe out. Enjoy!